Professional Sales Associate
Ampersand requires our Sales Staff to have the following skills and abilities. The most important are:
- The ability to meet the needs of our customer today, while creating aspirations for the future.
- Ability to articulate the right words on the style/fashion of color, design and coordination from dining room to home décor.
- Ability to know and pronounce vendor names.
- Ability to style a table, build a multiple sale and to know when and how to close a sale.
- It is primary that you can solve every customers’ gift needs and that you can keep a Customer List and know their gift needs.
- Understanding of Ampersand’s Mission and ability to work as a team to achieve our “big picture” goals.
A Sales Associate is responsible for driving business through excellence in selling, customer service, clientele and product knowledge.
- Master product knowledge and brand expertise.
- Uphold best in class service and selling standards.
- Establish lasting Client relationships through thorough outreach and follow up.
- Grow Ampersand’s customer base.
- Meet and exceed sales goals set by Management.
- Partner with the store team to execute, achieve and exceed the goals of the store.
- Accurately execute operational tasks such as ringing sales, returns, mail-outs.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent Client Service while delivering sales goals.
- Sell professionally.
- Willingness to follow direction and work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve - anticipate challenges, ask questions and react accordingly.
- Proficiency at multi-tasking, prioritizing and organizing.
- Ability to use POS Systems.
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Ampersand is seeking a qualified candidate with warehouse knowledge and experience. This position requires attention to detail and organization.
- Match individual products to packing slips
- Ticket Merchandise
- Package merchandise for shipping
- Label shipments accordingly
- Complete job tasks accurately and on time
- Work as a team
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- This position is for Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 pm. This full-time position offers Medical and Dental Insurance after 30 days of employment.